We hope you are all managing to keep safe and well.
In light of the fresh lockdown affecting Leicester and the surrounding areas, although our retail site falls on the border of the set zone, we feel a moral obligation to alter the way we’re conducting day-to-day business to protect our much-loved customers and The MySpa Team. Therefore with immediate effect from today we would like to inform you of the changes we are making in store.
- From this point forward and until further notice, our showroom will be closed other than for pre-booked private 1-2-1 appointments to view our range of hot tubs and swim spas. Please do not just turn up as you will not be able to enter our section of the site, unless there is a free slot at that particular time.
- Customers with appointments will be asked to use hand sanitiser upon entry using the automatic dispenser installed on the corner of our shop building outside. Appointments will be restricted to one hour and display units will be sanitised between appointments. Social distancing of 2 metres will be adhered to at all times and disposable masks are available for staff and customer use. Please make us aware if you’re shielding a loved one and would prefer us to wear one or maintain a greater distance. Please call 01164 645 870 or email email@example.com to book an appointment.
- Please do not turn up to purchase chemicals. These are available for contactless dispatch via our new online platform www.myspadirect.co.uk or alternatively pre-paid orders ONLY can be collected contactlessly from our carpark. Orders can also be placed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for MySpa Club members who are awaiting their codes. Member codes will be emailed out shortly.
- Deliveries of hot tubs will continue through this time in two man teams whilst maintaining social distance. Due to unprecedented demand and the many complications encountered in manufacturing, components, materials, staff limitations and more across the global supply chain for all brands and retailers, we are experiencing delays with some spas that are on order. We will communicate directly with those customers affected with the most up-to-date information we have at hand and ask for your patience and understanding. Whilst we appreciate this is frustrating, lead times across all brands are now into at least November/December (some even the new year) for orders placed today so you are still in the best possible position to enjoy a spa this Summer onwards. Installations will be carried out where possible in the in the order of the date which they were ordered.
- Servicing, MySpa Club visits and repair work will continue where we can do so safely and contactless. Some of the delays in visits caused by the initial lockdown are still affecting us but this is reducing as we bring in new staff members to help us get back on track. This has been a long process which isn’t yet over as we want to ensure anyone we bring into the team is able to operate at the same high standards we expect. We thank you for your patience if your visit was or is about to be a little later than usual. We haven’t forgotten you and will be out to you as quickly as possible.
- Phone opening hours have been reduced to 11am – 4pm to give our office staff the time needed to process your orders and respond to the volume of emails and enquiries we receive every day. Both John and Jenni are still working remotely from home and along with Tom are using a shift system to answer the telephone and process as many calls as possible. If you’re awaiting an update please don’t keep calling throughout the day as this will slow down our ability to deal with your enquiry. We have a new member of staff in Sarah’s husband Tom who has joined our office administration team to help handle the huge increase in workload. Our weekend team do not control scheduling or visits and your request is best emailed to email@example.com for the team to pick up on a Monday.
Whilst we have survived the initial challenges brought about by COVID-19 and subsequent lockdown, there are unique challenges and severe shortages faced by the entire hot tub and swim spa industry that are emerging by the day. We ask for your patience as we navigate these. This is not the same business or even industry as it was at the start of the year, but you can rest assured we are working extra hard to try and maintain the level of service we want to provide.
Our whole team, both field and office-based, have been working incredibly long hours and extra days throughout the whole period and are physically and mentally exhausted. We do understand your frustrations if your visit is a little later than normal; if our phonelines are busier than usual or if your eagerly anticipated hot tub is delayed by a few weeks. Please remember this is out of our hands but we are working hard to fulfil everyone’s needs. We pride ourselves on our customer service and reputation and if you are owed a visit, repair work or a hot tub itself, we will certainly get to you.
Thank you for taking the time to read this message. We hope you and your family are safe and at least managing to make the best of your time together at this difficult time. We look forward to seeing you all when it is safe to do so.
Andy (Managing Director) and the rest of the team at MySpa (Laura, John, Jenni, Sarah, Dave, Sam, Chris, and the newbies Tom, Matt and Will!)